Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is float charging can prevent voltage spikes or reseting 4060 timer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Is float charging can prevent voltage spikes or resetting 4060 timer circuit..

I have a charger and a battery...

I can use battery to run 4060 timer circuit easily , but i want to charge battery as well run timer without any voltage trouble...

A battery on float charge should be ok as the power source; but good filtering of the supply to the 4060 will still be necessary to reduce voltage spikes. Consider using a transient voltage suppressor plus capacitors across the supply, and chokes in line with the supply rails. Build the timer circuit on a pcb; not a breadboard. Use compact wiring and screened connections to the pcb. House the circuit in a screened enclosure.

A battery on float charge should be ok as the power source; but good filtering of the supply to the 4060 will still be necessary to reduce voltage spikes. Consider using a transient voltage suppressor plus capacitors across the supply, and chokes in line with the supply rails. Build the timer circuit on a pcb; not a breadboard. Use compact wiring and screened connections to the pcb. House the circuit in a screened enclosure.

can you give a proper circuit which can work properly..
I mean float charging with voltage protection..

Regulator

If all you are running is CMOS logic you can use something like this:
A 12 volt zener diode will keep the voltage from going above 12 volts.
If you have higher current loads like relays and "stuff" they still need to go directly to the battery.

If in doubt post the whole circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back