Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is PIC more sensitive on the EMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boncker

My friend told me that PICs microcontrollers are more sensitive on the EMI than the other microcontrollers, like 8051, ATmega16, etc. Is it true this affirmation?

Thank.

boncker said:
My friend told me that PICs microcontrollers are more sensitive on the EMI than the other microcontrollers, like 8051, ATmega16, etc. Is it true this affirmation?

Where did he get such information?, and why does HE think it's true?, do any of the manufacturers publish figures?, are there any standards for such possible measurements?.

As far as I'm aware PIC's are as reliable as other controllers, and possibly more than most?, which is one reason for their great success.

I'm with Nigel on this one. I would regard your little friend's claim with a jaundiced eye and deep suspicion. If he can produce any difinitive experimental data I would be very surprised.

You can do an experiment, by placing a PIC between two sheets of aluminum connected to an AC source to see if you can make it fail. You could also place it inside a coil of wire connected to an AC source to see if you can make it fail. An RF signal generator would be most helpful for this purpose. I'd like to know what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back