is that even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogetax1

hey all, im kinda new in a word of electronics, so im learning now how amplifier works. now i found this circuit that shows a sample of it. but then i saw a very weird method of using electrolyte capacitors. as far as i know, capacitors can charge voltage into them selfs to stebalize the voltage and i know that its NOT conducting any voltage between the pins. now check out that circuit that i found and tell me whats wrong what that..

thanks.

Attachments

• bomba.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 151

Capacitors pass AC and block DC, they don't just have one use.

The circuit you posted is a very common LM386 amplifier circuit with a gain of about 20, the fixed gain of the LM386. The capacitor C5 is the audio output coupling capacitor and does what Nigel says it does.

Coupling capacitors are used to block D.C. (D.C. = bad Ju-ju) , and pass A.C. (A.C. = the music signal).

So the purpose of C5 is to block any DC component level to our speaker. You may want to give this a read for a good understanding.

Ron

o. ok then why at the circuit the guy puted one right before the speaker. how does it works then?

As I said above, to pass the AC and block the DC - it's a VERY standard technique, and almost no electronics would work without it.

The circuit you posted has two things wrong with its capacitors:
1) C1 is usually a 0.1uF to o.33uF metalized plastic film capacitor that has no polarity because it has no DC voltage from the LM386 amplifier, not a polarized electrolytic type.
2) C3 is usually a polarized 10uF electrolytic type because pin 7 has a positive DC voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…