Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way of feeding power FROM a laptop battery thru a house ac cable INTO anot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanielfirst

like some type of two way battery charger that will feed power OUT of the laptop battery? or a step up transformer package?
I know that this is unusual and that charging appliances from small batteries is difficult wastes time and power etc., etc., want to do it anyways for a special reason, I have a large item charges off a house socket and want to charge it from my laptop battery while camping.
anybody help? much thanks if so

An inverter can produce 120vac from a dc power source. Ones running off 12v are readily available at any auto parts store, etc. Unless your load is very light, I would not expect a laptop battery to last long in such an application. Buy a deap cycle 12v battery, an inverter, and a charger for the battery. You'll find it much cheaper than frequenty replacing the laptop battery.

an inverter on a laptop battery would not work at all, they are limited to very low current output (below 10A often). The only thing you could recharge are usb devices from laptop usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back