Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a rotary switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutch

Hello. First post. I am trying to identify these parts. I believe they are old rotary switches. The long 'arms' have bent down in this pic. Any ideas?

**broken link removed**

Thanks.

It's hard to tell, they look like it but the picture is far too fuzzy to know for sure.

can we see a clearer picture in colour please as we cant tell due to the fuzzyness

Last edited:
I'll see if I can find more, but I think this is about as good as it gets. I was hoping that the extra long parts might be a tip-off. This photo was taken maybe 1978-9?

They look more like some sort of cam action actuator? I have no clue but I don't see the connection points I would expect on a rotary switch. There may be a switch to it but I see it as some sort of actuator, absolutely, maybe. :)

Ron

Hi to all,

I had a couple of these on an old radio once, they were simply N/O switches that sat on the board and only a small arc of the outer edge showed through the radios casing, for the thumb click action, they were very smooth as I rememberbut with a very satisfying click.

Hope this helps..........Al :)

Hi to all,

I had a couple of these on an old radio once, they were simply N/O switches that sat on the board and only a small arc of the outer edge showed through the radios casing, for the thumb click action, they were very smooth as I rememberbut with a very satisfying click.

This statement along with the looks of it indicate you are right. I would say it was a rotary switch.

Hi to all,

Very cool! And you replied on my birthday. Lol! I don't suppose you remember the brand? Any more info would be most appreciated!!

Nothing? :( This is as close as I could find. Is there any specific name for this type of switch?

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back