Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this header pin bad or not?

Zestfully4

Should I replace it? Is it damaged, or will it work? Is it safe to test with the power source of 4.5V? I have a feeling something might go wrong if connected to power. But if I should test it, perhaps there's a way you can recommend for testing with multimeter?

I don't have a replacement at hand and don't have experience yet to determine whether a component is bad or not with visual, so please understand.

2024-08-24-11-12-26-783.jpg

Attachments

• 2024-08-24-11-12-40-117.jpg
    2024-08-24-11-12-40-117.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
I can't see what's on the top side of header. Is it an ESD shorting plug? Otherwise looks a bit fuzzy..

If it looks like a parallel array of 2S LEDs 4.5V sounds about right or add resistors and use 5V(?) Follow the traces.

You ought to invest in a programmable digital V A P power supply to adjust voltage with a current limit and display power. ~ $1/watt

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back