ISP AVR load cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmakler

Hi,
I need program ATmega8. Is ISP load cable will be enough for example:
**broken link removed**
or I need something else ?

I looked briefly, it seems to be what you would need. Though you can build one yourself fairly easily. My first one was the cable from an old serial port that had the IDC header and ribbon attached. The one I use now is a bit more advanced and has some logic in it to drive the signal better. From the picture, there is no way to know if it is just a passive device or active. My experience is the active devices definately work more reliably in more situations.

Yes, that's all you need.

Write your program in CodeVisionAVR, AVR Studio, or whatever else... when you compile it, make it output a .HEX file. Then use pony programmer available for free at to load the .HEX file onto the ATmega8.

I use an extremely similar programmer, only difference is mine hooks up to the serial port. I use it with AVR Studio and pony programmer for ATMega8's... works like a charm. Just don't forget to power up the chip when you program it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…