Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue in remote control of three phase pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
I do the remote ON/OFF of a three phase pump. One problem is that if any one phase is not available, the pump protector trips and somebody has to rest manually. So I am thinking of adding a circuit which can prevent switching on the pump if all phases are not available. My questions are
1) Is there protectors available which will rest automatically when all phase voltages resumes?
2)I am thinking of checking of three phase with transformers, comparator and logic circuit and switching a relay to control the pump (prevent pumping when any phase is missing and permit pump control when all phases are there). Is there any other simpler method?

They do make phase monitoring relays such as this which should do what you want.

Hi,
I do the remote ON/OFF of a three phase pump. One problem is that if any one phase is not available, the pump protector trips and somebody has to rest manually. So I am thinking of adding a circuit which can prevent switching on the pump if all phases are not available. My questions are
1) Is there protectors available which will rest automatically when all phase voltages resumes?
2)I am thinking of checking of three phase with transformers, comparator and logic circuit and switching a relay to control the pump (prevent pumping when any phase is missing and permit pump control when all phases are there). Is there any other simpler method?

post Ur sch hear

I've used these SymCom, or similar, with excellent results. We needed adjustible overvoltage, and variable reset time. Some have been in place for 20+ years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back