Issue in remote control of three phase pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
I do the remote ON/OFF of a three phase pump. One problem is that if any one phase is not available, the pump protector trips and somebody has to rest manually. So I am thinking of adding a circuit which can prevent switching on the pump if all phases are not available. My questions are
1) Is there protectors available which will rest automatically when all phase voltages resumes?
2)I am thinking of checking of three phase with transformers, comparator and logic circuit and switching a relay to control the pump (prevent pumping when any phase is missing and permit pump control when all phases are there). Is there any other simpler method?

post Ur sch hear

Welcome to RS Online

RS in India offer a range of phase loss relays. They all seem to be stocked in the UK, but RS will ship them to India and charge in Rupees.

Last edited:
I've used these SymCom, or similar, with excellent results. We needed adjustible overvoltage, and variable reset time. Some have been in place for 20+ years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…