issue with P16PRO40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess peace of mind isn't worth $50. And if you asked before you built it you'd have discovered that JDM style programmers can be really hit & miss with a modern PC.

It's not a JDM serial port design, it's a David Tait based parallel port design, and has few issues with different PC's.

Did you add C4, the 330pf cap? Long ago, when I built this programmer, it helped with timing issues for me.

Last edited:
yeps. All parts, except diode bridge, are there. It worked with winpic800, so I believe that it is a software issue. Taking into account that settings are same, it must be timing issue. But I would prefer to use winpicprog stuff.

I've played with delays and now it seems that it works every second time, but that doesn't matter, cause result is that code is on chip anyhow!!! So, without wasting a single $ I have wonderfull and pretty powerfull PIC programmer! (I had all the components in my "project box", so I'm very happy!)

Very big thanks, Nigel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, of cause, thanks to others for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…