Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Its Alive!!! Mplab Is Alive!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I finally got MPLAB to work! I was helped by a electrical engineer that is going to send me a board with a 18F 452 on it, and a LCD screen and all this stuff, so all I have to do is plug it into a ICD2 and ITS ALIVE! I would reccomend going here for some good stuff!!!

www.crosstheroadelectronics.com

I wrote a couple programs in C already! Im so happy!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good for you! :) I really don't think assembly is for me... How is programming in C? I am starting to wonder if that is better... :eek:

It takes a while to get used to, but then its easy. I am still learning, but I reccomend C for everybody that is serious about PIC and microcontrollers.

Being serious about PIC seems to have no direct relationship with C or whatever.

It takes time and effort to learn to program. Do not expect to be cranking out anything useful for a while. Blink a led, alternate blinking led's, use 8 and have the lite bounce back and forth. etc etc.

You are attempting to learn several things at once. Normally you would learn to program in a high level language, then learn assembler and microcontroller related topics...

PIC assembly is not difficult. Understanding the PIC architecture is key to using assembly. The instructions will only make sense when you do. There are many tutorials.

3v0 said:
PIC assembly is not difficult. Understanding the PIC architecture is key to using assembly.

It's also the key to using C or BASIC as well - but learning assembler first has the advantage of forcing you to understand the architecture.

However, for the 18F series, MicroChip provide a free C compiler, and most of the application notes are in C - so using C isn't a bad idea!.

Last edited:
Souper man said:
It takes a while to get used to, but then its easy. I am still learning, but I reccomend C for everybody that is serious about PIC and microcontrollers.

LOL i have nothing to back this up with :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back