Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

jdm2 programmar not working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassankhan

hi!
i made jdm2 programmar,the link is given,**broken link removed** is not working,i made this programmar with little changes.The programmar given on instructables has 3 ic sockets for 18,28 & 40 pins controller but i neglected 18 & 28 pin socket & just made for 40 pins because i m focussing on pic18f452.i can send my pcb file as well.Plz give me advice what should i do to make this workable.& plz tell me how to upload diptrace pcb file so that you ppl can see that.

thanks & regards
hassan khan

jdm programmer is an interesting hack: it is a clever and simple circuit but unfortunately it is inherently unreliable because it does not have it's own power source. instead of that, it requires RS232 port to provide that power - something not likely to happen with todays hardware because it uses lower voltages and power.

actually i have made simple jdm as well & i used to program 16f84a & now i wanted to make jdm2 for pic 18f.but it is not working tell me plz what to do????

regards
hassan khan

once upon time i also made JDM and it worked for pic16F84a but only on one of my PCs.
then i moved to other platforms. eventually I did use PICs again but this time I made PICKIT2 clone.

this programmer is just another JDM, the only difference is those added sockets for larger chips
(MCLR, power etc are brought to correct socket pins for larger MCUs).

you can for example add adapter with DIP40 socket to you working programmer and see if it programs 18F.

alternatively add adapter with DIP18 to JDM2 and see if you can program 16F84a.

or without making any adapters measure voltages during programming. you should have at least 13V or programming will fail.

Last edited:
you gave me awesome advice,first time i made this jdm programmar which is working with pic16f84a & the link is **broken link removed** r u saying that i just add dip40 with this programmar & make correct connections for the pins name given in schematic of this programmar & try whether it is programming 18f or not?
but i am confused how will it do this because will it generate that voltage levels i.e required for pic 18Fs?

thanks & regards
hassan khan

make a design fromDL4YHF
it has external16V DC power supply, a built-in facility like Vpp before Vdd. it works better wih com port. you can use winpic800 and define the programmer as JDM still.

always depend on 5 pins coning out like icsp. use breadboard to extend the concerned wires for the pic under concern and it works.
schematic etc are here
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/pic16f84a-programmer.86769/#post678709

Last edited:
plz tell me how can i upload my pcb file so that you people can see whats the mistake i m doing.

regards
hassan khan

It works .
As i told you, usethe ICSP connector and the related 5 wires can be connected to the PIC18F2(4)550 chip using a breadboard. the concerned hex file can be called from the winpic800 software, and then it can be programmed.

3v0 thanks,it will be good for me if u kindly give me any schematic that is tested with PICs,so that i can made that programmar.

regards
hassan khan

sarma plz tell me where are icsp wires in this schematic?so that i can program pic18f452 through this programmar.i have made this programmar in feb of this year i guess & it is working for programming of pic16f84a,now just tell me plz which wires should i use to program pic18f452?

regards
hassan khan

Last edited:
3v0 plz tell me i have made this programmar **broken link removed**, it is running with pic16f84a,but i want to program pic18f452,can i program pic18f452 through this programmar?

regards
hassan khan

read first two sentences of that link

The programmer you made will not program a 18f chip your lucky it
Programmed a 16f84a

thanks a lot,tell me plz if it can program 16f877a?because on website it writes programmar can programs 16F8X.

regards
hassan khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back