Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDR programmer source code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for source code for the JDR programmer or similar. BASIC would be nice as it's easy to read (for me)

I'm simply looking to make a purpose built bootloader for the Inchworm.

So only needs to program 16F877 or 16F877A with proper boot file.

Serial version.

Bill, maybe this on the next version and drop the MAX232 :)

**broken link removed**

I did not find anything on the JDR programmer far as source. It there another name for the JDR unit?

mramos1 said:
Bill, maybe this on the next version and drop the MAX232 :)

**broken link removed**

I did not find anything on the JDR programmer far as source. It there another name for the JDR unit?

Next Inchworm? The MAX232 is part of the VPP generation circuit. I'd need an ICL7660 or similar (Harder to find than a MAX232)

PS mikes 2N7000 level shifters are more elegant than transistors. :)

Like Bill says, the MAX232 is used to generate the VPP voltage.

Besides, you'd need a four transistor interface to accomadate TX, RX, and the two handshaking signals.

Oh, that's right, I forgot you used it for voltage..

I will start putting mine together Saturday. Mike has been helping out :)

I plan on using it as a debugger anyway for now. I have an Atmel project I think I will flip over to PIC assembler at 32.7Khz once I get it running...

Bill,

Why a JDM programmer to program the '877/A when you already have an ICD2 clone? And if you only have a JDM programmer to start with, what's wrong with the existing PC software out there?

How about a 1-inch by 2-inch PIC based high-voltage programmer board with both versions of the '877/A bootloader in Flash? No need to hook it up to the PC at all (grin).

Mike

Bill, Mike has a good point, can you program your 877a on the breadboard inchworm? Making me nervous. :)

Like I said, I want it for IC debug. I have the P16PRO40 and Nigel's code for burning stuff that I use..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back