Jon's Imaginarium – A New Website

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
You may remember the Jon's Imaginarium posts here a while ago. They were met with both praise and condemnation.

This forum doesn't have much of a maker focus, so it wasn't the best place for these posts.

To have a creative outlet, I have created the Jon's Imaginarium website. It's a work in progress but it should always be a work in progress. I haven't added comment sections yet but that's coming.

I hope the material I present there will be interesting and useful.

Is there a rule on spam? Advertising your own or someone else's website or product here? If not, I've got some goodies that I'd like to generate some traffic on.

Its okay to do this if you stick the link in your signature ( as mine is ) and just say t in the text.

ZipZapOuch Not exactly spam! We have many members with linked content in the signature.

I liked your Jon's Imaginarium, but I believe that by hosting your own webpage will allow you to post more content.
Thank you for saying so. I hope to provide a good stream of content that will appeal to makers, which appear to be a small subset of people here, but will contain information that will be useful to a wide range of people.

Truth be told, when I see a post has hundreds of views, but only a handful of likes and comments (some of which have been hostile), it's not rewarding. By having my own page, I hope I can reach more of my people. I have some great stuff coming out – stay tuned.

Thanks for the kind words. They are appreciated.

I am adding links to PDFs where it makes sense so that useful information can be saved. When Digital-DIY cratered (not my site, just a frequent contributor), a lot of useful content was lost. Having PDFs available allows for personal archiving.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…