Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG EMULATOR BUILT WITH A PIC? P

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikaoj13

Hi,

has anybody built a JTAG emulator using a PIC or any other kind of microcontroller?

I have read a bit about Lauterbach and thought maybe it could be done with a PIC.

Thanks

Joaquin

I built one to connect to the JTAG port of a 386EX processor board. It was used to program the flash eprom on this board through the JTAG port.

I had initially used a low cost JTAG adapter using the parallel port like the Wiggler. However, I could not get it to work after several days of tinkering. Added to this was the problem of working with the printer port under WinXP. See the recent threads of this.

After a couple of days programming, I was able to get it up and running. It works the same way as the ICD2. I even put in a bootloader so I can customize its use.

Attachments

• jtag.gif
    jtag.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 560
thanks,

i will check it and see if it can work out. Any infomration on the SW to use? I will try to use it with an ARM7 microprocessor.......

Thanks again

Joaquin

nikaoj13 said:
thanks,

i will check it and see if it can work out. Any infomration on the SW to use? I will try to use it with an ARM7 microprocessor.......

Thanks again

Joaquin

ARM... They use them in home broadband routers.

Try this link:
http://hri.sourceforge.net/tools/jtag_faq_org.html#_Toc63218731

There is a PDF file of a serial debugger. It does not use a PIC but a different microcontroller. There is a link within the document to where to obtain the firmware for it. Within the above link, there are links to where to obtain debugging tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back