Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug low voltage programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeca

Well I'm a bit ahead of myself here as replacing the BS250 didn't quite seem to work on my Junebug.. but I've got some LF parts to program up and I fancy getting the circuit done.

I have an ICD connection to pin header for use in a breadboard. I left room between the connections to fit the diodes and 3.3v regulator (hence my capacitor thread earlier).

Is it a bad idea to build a circuit as shown in the attachment? I plan on using jumpers, completely removing the LM1117 from the circuit and connecting the +5v straight through normally. I haven't drawn the capacitors in, I'll fit them after.

The advantage is that it can be built in a very small space on stripboard and it's not too difficult to swap jumpers.

Attachments

• Low voltage circuit.jpg
    Low voltage circuit.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 182
Your 3.3V target will need its own power and not be able to use the Junebugs +5V
The +5V should see the targets 3.3V VDD and it won't turn on the BS250. You can supply the LM1117 from the U5V supply though.
Which LF PIC are you trying to program? You may not need the diodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back