Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug Prob Help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi everyone,I am working on my Junebug clone(the first one i know buliding one in Pakistan cause nobody here knows about pickit2 even!)The problem is that the inductor L1 680uh is not available here and there are no online eletronic distributors here(even microchip doesnt support anything here and i had to pay USD 15$ for a 18f2550).Is there any other value that i can use in its place?Thanks in advance.

Any inductor that can carry at least 50mA and is between 520uH and 820uH will work. It's a self adjusting boost converter.

Hi, Bill thanks.Since i have spent a hell lot of money then the actual cost of Junebug(original one).Can i know how much does a new junebug + shipment would cost.I am asking for say a pickit3 clone the Julybug or junebug2 or whatever you name it?

Any inductor that can carry at least 50mA and is between 520uH and 820uH will work. It's a self adjusting boost converter.

Hi,hope you reply to a old post.Here only inductors of 220mh tops are available and the rest are 50,70,100 or something like this.Not a single one in the given range.I googled how to make an inductor but i havnt got access to an LC meter so i cant make my own.I found this inductor in an old PC powersupply will it do?Do you have any idea on wat rating it could be?

Also if there is any way to connect inductors to form an inductor of larger value then can i connect them for my junebug?Thanks.

Last edited:
Forgot the picture!

Attachments

• 17122008886.jpg
    17122008886.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 159
Hi,hope you reply to a old post.Here only inductors of 220mh tops are available and the rest are 50,70,100 or something like this.Not a single one in the given range.I googled how to make an inductor but i havnt got access to an LC meter so i cant make my own.I found this inductor in an old PC powersupply will it do?Do you have any idea on wat rating it could be?

Also if there is any way to connect inductors to form an inductor of larger value then can i connect them for my junebug?Thanks.
The inductance of inductors in series is the sum of the individual inductors if the magnetic fields do not interact. I do not know how far apart they need to be or how much the interaction would be. Given that the value is not picky I would just try it. You can find more info on google.

Thanks 3V0,I am going to connect 3 220mh incuductors,I will keep them about a cm apart.Will that do?I am saying this because i cant find any specific distance formula about the distance and that darn inductor is the only thing b/w me and my Junebug! lolz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back