Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just an off-track question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Good day!
I have a rather off-track question that I have been curious about ever since I joined this forum: How is a member's expertise determined (i.e. the green bars directly below the user's name)? Is it all based on reputation points? Or is there more involved?
Thanks!
Der Strom

Last edited:
I believe it's a combination of the number of posts and the reputation you've collected. It's a pretty pointless metric.

Good day!
I have a rather off-track question that I have been curious about ever since I joined this forum: How is a member's expertise determined (i.e. the green bars directly below the user's name)? Is it all based on reputation points? Or is there more involved?
Thanks!
Der Strom

hi,
As SC says its 'positive reps' for Green & a -reps gets you a red box.

You may have noticed there are many members with 11 green boxes, but no one has more than 11 green boxes, the update feature seems to have stopped working months ago.

So at the moment it pointless, [ thats a pun! ]

hi,
As SC says its 'positive reps' for Green & a -reps gets you a red box.

You may have noticed there are many members with 11 green boxes, but no one has more than 11 green boxes, the update feature seems to have stopped working months ago.

So at the moment it pointless, [ thats a pun! ]

Hahaha Thanks guys for the answers :) It was just something I've been wondering about for a long time :D
Der Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back