Just made a new tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Didnt know if i should post this here but heh it does have to do with uCs
Hey since i just understood making a custom character for lcds and i havent seen this around i though id make a nice tool in vb that generates all hex , dec or binary codes you will need to define a custom character.

Here is a pic and the actual file. (you will need vb6 runtime files installed)

EDIT:
I uploaded the new one here. (fixed)

Attachments

• aslcg.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 415
  • ASLCG.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
How does it work? I downloaded it and it doesnt want to do anything. When I click on the screen it exits out.

oops forgot something thanks.

EDIT: If you already downloaded it just download the fix and place in the same dir else download the full one.

Attachments

• ASLCG.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • fix.zip
    332 bytes · Views: 133
Last edited:
Yeah i bet but you can save time. (i thought thats why they invented new things and faster uCs) also you are less likely to make a mistake.

And im making another version right now with 4 blocks.

a pic and the files to go with it. Discard the old one (unless you want a large single view)

Hope you all like this one i might make 1 with 8 in the future for larger designs!

EDIT: Was bored so made this:

Attachments

• Deploy.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • aslcdg.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 382
  • bored.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
a pic and the files to go with it. Discard the old one (unless you want a large single view)
What is that hideous background photo? IMHO a single color background would be a lot less distracting. Looks like a good tool, but I'll never use it. Getting there is ALL the fun for me.

What is that hideous background photo? IMHO a single color background would be a lot less distracting. Looks like a good tool, but I'll never use it. Getting there is ALL the fun for me.
It is easy enough to change the background if you want to.

Maybe do the multidigit versions like this.

Attachments

• adamtool.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 176
Here you go:
VIEW #1

VIEW #2

Attachments

• Deploy.zip
    26 KB · Views: 129
  • view1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 338
  • view2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 331
I made a similar program that converts pictures in to text.

It takes a picture, coverts it to 1 bit, displays a preview and then converts it in to neatly formated code that can be pasted directly in to C. Takes pictures of any resolution between 1x1 and 255x255.(255 because i use two bytes in the array to store how big the picture is)

That program i made when i was working on a GLCD library in MPLAB C30 .It supports everything from lines to pictures at any coordinate to text at any coordinate with word warp etc... And since it uses the PICs ram as a buffer it can work extremely fast. (like move 100 pictures of resolution 90x90 up and down the screen by 1 pixel and do OR mregeing to the background and still very smooth and fast) I didn't really mind the 1KB of ram the buffer needed since dsPICs have like 16KB of it.Well worth the massive speed increase.

sounds cool.. still have it? Ill be getting into GLCDs real soon ..id say about a week or or 2. Got any recommendations on a GLCD? Site to get them from. I see BGMicro has one:
**broken link removed**

Any others?

The display you linked looks good.I have 2 GLCDs at home and both have the same controller chip.

I still have the image conversion program and the GLCD lib. The image converter is written in VisualBasic 6.0 and the GLCD code is in MPLAB C30 and it designed for 16bit PICs

The GLCD lib could still use some optimisaion and support for other resolutions than 128x64. Also a SPI interface to the display using microchips I/O expander was planed but not done

i wrote mines in VB6 also i could write it in VB Express but more work lol

Im bought that LCD today should be here in like 4-5 days. Would you mind emailing me or posting that program? (with some code example(s)) Im buying some new pics this coming Wednesday. Ill be sure to order some 16bit chips at least for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…