Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just program eeprom 12f6XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

I have a chip that was program with the data being protected, But the eeprom has some data that will change once I power it up. (default value)

I would like to try to Modify some componants to see if they will better suite my needs, but Im sure the default data will change.

I see no way to just program the eprom with "ICPROG" without erasing the chip!

Thanks
steve

Do you mean save the eeprom data memory but rewrite the flash program memory?
Can't you just read the eeprom data, save it to a file, and them load it back in with the new flash code? This should work unless the chip is code protected; then you are in the realm of hacking and I can't help you there.

Do what I did... Get a PicKit2 programmer.. I can program the EEprom and normal flash areas completely independently of each other using the stock software.

IcProg is a great free utility, but does have limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back