Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just wondering..

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

Are there any tuts or DIY's or and commercial wireless outlets. By this I mean have a unit pluged into a wall and have the second unit wirelessly receive the power and give it to a device that it pluged into it? I would like it to have a range of say 10-20 feet?

You might do a Google for Nikolai Tesla.

It has been done. It's just really inefficient, really dangerous, and really expensive. Think "using lightning to transmit power". THat's what a tesla coil is. THe other way is to use a really REALLY powerful laser and special solar panels/antenna tuned to that laser's frequency. Again REALLY really inefficient, really dangerous, and really expensive. Think NASA budget. And any laser like that could also be used to blast holes in buildings, shoot down planes, and make you go blind just from viewing it from the side mid-beam as it passes through the air due to the air scattering the laser into your eyes (let alone shining at a reflective surface, or even a black surface).

It's a simple idea...sort of like faster than light travel. Not much needed to understand it, overcoming the principles governing it...much harder to pull off. Hoverboards too :(

Last edited:
Ya good point i either have to use lightning a high power lazer or microwavesXD nevermind then :p i was just trying to find a way to sneak power into mylocker to power my minifridge in it :p

Oh, haha. Yeah I was thinking about that too...couldn't figure out a way other than just insulating it really well and plugging it into a nearby jack. Or just replacing some icepacks every day. in a very well built insulated cooler. The heat from inside the fridge has got to go somwhere and lockers aren't exactly well ventilated.

Last edited:
ya stupid school being a hundred and somthing years old :p there are so few plugs but meh i will make it work:p

Ya and with the ventalation thing i was going to have fans blow the air from the rad out of the slots in the top of the locker :p

Maybe i should instead try and put a sound systemin the locker XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back