key tone in a calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackeagle222

Yes, I know, I'm a big newbie with electronics. Today I bought a simple calculator, but later on i noticed on the box that it has "key tone". It doesn't beep tho. I looked inside and there doesn't appear to be any extra wire so I guess it won't beep? Why am I asking such a question? Let's just say that if this beeped on my test in school nothing good would come from it...
here are the photos
https://imgur.com/a/S3ziW#0

Find the audible indicator if it exists and disconnect it and in doing so there is some risk you will clobber the calculator. If that happens feel free to scrape away at the tarry spherical cap on the PC board.

So you want us to help you cheat on a test where you are not supposed to use a calculator?

So you want us to help you cheat on a test where you are not supposed to use a calculator?
Hah no way! You get me wrong. We can use calculators on the test. In fact we had to give them to our school so they could give us on day test. And now im a little afraid that i gave them calculator that may beep.

I understand your concern that the calculator may start beeping during the exam. That would be embarrasing!

Looking at your pictures, I cannot see anything in there which could make a sound.

Before the exam, why not show the calculator package to the teacher and explain that there may be a problem?
The only problem is, the teachers may not be sensible people!
In the real world of engineering, it is usually better to disclose known problems "up front" rather than try to cover them up.

Is anyone else at your school intending to use a similar calculator for the exam?

Hey! Here is an idea, if all the calculators start beeping, tell the teacher you thought that it was a music exam!

JimB

Burglars have to be careful if carrying a mobile than rings instead of vibrating when an undesired SMS arrives.

I stopped my thieving career because my mobile changes settings with no warning.

I you like to cheat buy a slide ruler and stick it to the last page of your note book.

The last I used, was real quiet. No luboil required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…