keycode circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-wiz

Hello everyone

I'm new here and i hope someone can help ??

I need a circuit which will give me a simple 1 second pulse to energise a relay when a correct key code is entered on a small numeric keypad.

This circuit is being fitted to my track bike as i've no ignition barrel. So i want to enter a code which will then pulse a relay which i'll latch for my ignition then i'll have a kill switch which will break the latch !

Many thanks guys

Glen

That should like a pretty cool idea. I've wanted to do this with my car for some time.
I dont know about your bike, but for my car, I would probably use a remote start module as the base. That way I could either start it on my way to my car or if I dont have my remote, punch in a code in the car.
There are 'keypad' schematics out there, I've seen them before. Most are pretty simple but I have seen a programmable one before. Sorry I dont have the pages saved though.
~Mike

google for an "electric combination lock" You can do it with some simple IC's (SR latch i think). You could also use a PIC microcontoller. alittle more complicated, but you could make it so that if you enter the wrong code it will make you wait a small amount of time before you can try again. You could take it one step further and make an increasing delay for wrong entries,
example:
1st wrong code you wait 5 seconds, 2nd wrong code you wait 10 seconds 3rd wrong code you wait 30 seconds...
(someone else posted this idea about increasing delays, so I dont want to take credit for it. :wink: )

It was me!, but feel free to 'steal' the idea - my PIC tutorials give details of a simple PIC based combination lock, which does'nt do the increasing delay, but I mentioned it as a possible improvement.

Cheers guy's

I have found something that will work just fine for what i need !!!

If anyone else is interested in this kind of circuit, have a look at the link below, and open CK210.pdf !!!

**broken link removed**

Thanks again !

well if you wanna take all the fun out of designing your own circuit then I guess that will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…