Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keypads giving numerical outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

danddan

Hi
I'm making a unit convert that can convert between gallons, litres and pounds of fuel to be put into aircraft and give a numerical output on a display.

My idea is to use a keypad to give an input to a PIC chip which can then do the maths and send this to LCD firmware to get an output.

Does anyone know of an IC that I can get to send a pulsed or binary number, that may be upto 4 decimal digits long, into the PIC, from the keypad. Or indeed any other way of doing this. I am on a very thight budget so please don't suggest linking it upto a laptop :lol:

I can get any PIC upto a 40 pinner with twenty something i/o pins, although I would like to use ther smallest chip possible.

Please help me :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back