Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L165 for Bipolar Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAce

Greetings fellows

Attached is a circuit I found online using an L165 to create Bipolar power supply. Did a quick test with about 30v DC regulated power supply.
Getting about 7v on the + side and 18v on the - side, and an L165 that gets hot very quickly.

Is this one of those wild circuits that somebody threw out and never tried?

I omitted the caps in my circuit, they are on order, could that be the problem?

Thanks fellers

Attachments

• Bipolar power supply.jpg
    Bipolar power supply.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 230
You have not even built the full circuit. Do it, check how it works and then post.

Are you linking me to what your saying is a better circuit? I like the 3 amp output of the one I posted, still waiting on Caps to fully test it.

Thanks

Not necessarily. The technology is sound. Your OP amps is probably oscillating without the caps and/or you need bypass caps on the power pins.

Without any compensation or decoupling caps your circuit will probably oscillate, put the caps on and try again, get the caps close to the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back