Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L298 for step motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

banh

Hi,
I wanna use L298 for step motor. how to estimate the values of sense resistors? what is usually the value range?

This value depend from desired (enabled) current. As the datasheet show, the sensing voltage is 2V, so for 2A 1ohm.

just a small question, as i'm not strong in electronics....

when using with L298, is the method of control bipolar? (center tap unconnected)
and when using power transistors or N-MOSFETS to control, is the method unipolar (as I see the center tap connected to VCC)..

which method is more recommended?

jbeng said:
Here's a link where you can download the datasheet from ST Microelectronics:
https://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/1773.pdf
JB

Or, of course, you could look right here on electro-tech-online! The following documents are available here (see the Locally Hosted Datasheets thread in the Datasheets Forum:

How much current do you need to handle? 1N4148 is rated at 300mA continuous; 1N4448 at 500mA. Both show 4ns recovery. The FR152 is also a 100PIV device and is rated at 1.5A, but has much higher recovery time, to 150ns.

**broken link removed**
Chenyi FR15x Series

Thanks for your reply,

I can see that I can use L298 to drive the stepper motor. Or I can use the simpler method of using power transistor (e.g. TIP31) to drive it unipolar way (center tap connected to Vcc). So which method is better?
i mean driving unipolar and bipolar way, which one yields better performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back