Lan Laser Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

This is my view

i want to ask u that this circuit will work...
Data transfer rate 10Mbps,
Link for connecting two computers

Data sheet MAX3465
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/09/MAX3465-MAX3469.pdf

Datasheet 7405
http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets/185/500203_DS.pdf

Datasheet 7414
http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets/400/334439_DS.pdf

OP505A
**broken link removed**

LF357
http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets/270/64655_DS.pdf

If this circuit will not work then help me please to correct this circuit..
Tell me that what is wrong in this circuit.

How can i improve it's performance...
Tell me the good and high speed NPN phototransistor for Laser...

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• My_Laser_ViewJpg.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Ayne said:
Where r the Senior Members???

We all think you're living in a dream world! - like I said before, use wireless network cards, I don't think you have a prayer with a laser pointer!.

Infact the problem is i want to build some thing my self...
But i am not expert in Electronics.
I am student.. and want to learn more...

Nigel Goodwin said:
We all think you're living in a dream world!
haha...
infact i am not expert in electronics field i through out as it was in my mind...

Ayne said:
Infact the problem is i want to build some thing my self...
But i am not expert in Electronics.
I am student.. and want to learn more...

Well when you're an expert, you can then start trying to do something like this (although you probably won't, as you would understand the difficulties involved!) - in the meanwhile, I suggest you start with something MUCH simpler.

Nigel Goodwin said:
in the meanwhile, I suggest you start with something MUCH simpler.

You mean i start with a battery, LEDs and a switch.

please can u tell me that why this circuit will not work which i attached above.

Ayne said:
You mean i start with a battery, LEDs and a switch.

please can u tell me that why this circuit will not work which i attached above.

How are you modulating the laser?, can it be modulated?, if it can, can it be modulated fast enough?. At the receiver side, all the same questions apply - except reversed.

Don't forget, Ethernet isn't a one way process - so you need a two way link as well - I've never tried, but I doubt Ethernet will work at all with just a one way path?.

What the modulation is necessary....
in my view it can be with out modulation... Am i right???

I know that Ethernet is a two way trafic... i will use two transmitters and two receivers... i mean one receiver and transmitter both side...

Ayne said:

No, but why do you need our approval? Just build it and prove us wrong.
Where do you get your views anyway?

it is my tiny brain in my head who gave me these views..
What the my views are bad...

It is better to discus before built

Ayne said:
it is my tiny brain in my head who gave me these views..
What the my views are bad...

It is better to discus before built
The tiny brain in your head is leading you astray. It may be better to take a small detour and put some accurate information into the tiny brain in your head. Then when you have some solid foundation you can try the things which the tiny brain in your head tells you might work. As I said before you should try things, but you need to learn to crawl and walk before trying to compete in the ironman triathalon.

FYI -- Ironman Triathalon is a 2.5 mile swim, a 110 mile bike ride, followed by running a marathon. IIRC 8 Hours would be a good time for such an event.

Exactly how will you be sending data if the laser is not moodulated in some way, shape, or form?
Data doesnt just magically flow down the bright light beam, and yes, it will need to be 2 way communication.
I do have to admit that your determination, and perseverence is good, but I also think that this may be a bit of a huge project to begin... with your current understanding of the theories involved.
The guys in the group are not trying to slow you down, or stop you from achieving your goals, they just have the past experience to realize that this is a bit too much for you to bite off...and may ultimately be a huge waste of your time.

Last edited:
If you are dead set on this project, at least try to copy as much stuff off of these guys as possible: http://ronja.twibright.com/ Go through their parts lists, heck use their circuits. It'll probably be a lot easier (and more likely) than getting a crash course equivalent to a 4 year college degree...

Well first off this is WAY out of the range of the speed a laser pointer and off-the-shelf laser detector. Second you'd need quite a bit of processing power to make an ethernet access point.

I'd suggest that a more reasonable option would be to make a serial link through the RS232 port, like 2400-57600 baud. That may be TOO simple though to get you a good grade.

As is obvious from the link, that's for sending data down a fibre-optic cable, notice that both circuits have a photodiode used to detect the output power of the laser diode!.

It doesn't have any relation to a laser pointer.

I may be a noob but i have a few questions. are you trying to make an optical peer to peer network with out using any form of optical cable? Secondly, if this is the case of open air transmit and recieve then what about when peggy stands up from her cubical and her big hair blocks the beam? or if she turns around and gets 'poked in the eye' either by visible or invisible beams of laser light? have you thought about the safety and mechanical disabilities of such an idea. and lastly what about security could you get it encrypted enough that someone couldn't intercept it? just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…