Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LAN via Laser light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

Data Rate 10Mbps
http://www.nullmodem.com/10BaseT-Crossover.htm

I want to connect two computer with each other with lan card.
As in the above link it seems like that 2 pins of connector carries +, -, data for transmission.
and 2 pins for +, -, receiving data...

Now my view,
In my view lan card transmit differential data on 2 wires(as in above +, -, Td) it is my view but i don't know exact therefore i want to ask u.

I want to know that how Lan card works.
I want to know which pin carries data for transmit
and which for receiving data...

Now the second thing,
I want to convert differential data to single line.. but i don't know that how can i do this. any circuit, any guidance, any link etc.

Now the third,
I want to convert single line data to differential data.. but i don't know that how can i do this. any circuit, any guidance, any link etc.

In fact i have two computer i want to connect them via Laser.

Thanks in advance.

They're called "line drivers".
There's a LOT of problems involved in making a laser communicating at 10MB/sec. That would take one fast receiver!

It's more realistic to aim for computer comm at lower freq- like 9600 baud serial comm. At least to start. Much more realistic.

Speed can't be decrease

I want to transfer large data for several time.
Data is in Gbs....
Therefore speed can't be decrease..

Main problems

I want to convert differential data to single line.. but i don't know that how can i do this. any circuit, any guidance, any link etc.

I want to convert single line data to differential data.. but i don't know that how can i do this. any circuit, any guidance, any link etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back