Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

large capacity parts holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

anyone know where i can buy a parts holder similar to the one in the picture with around 200 drawers? the local college was clearing out the electronics lab and i was at the right place at the right time. i got ahold of 40lbs of resistors. tons of resistors. every standard resistor from .5 ohm to double digit Mohms. i need someway of neatly organizing them. TY

do they even make a single unit with 200 drawers?
Why not get a bunch of smaller ones? I have about 8 different sets in my workshop.

Are the resistors already sorted? My college would end up with a huge box of mixed resistors at the end of every semester. Students wouldn't be bothered to put them back in the right spot. Can't imagine how long it'd take to sort 40lbs of resistors.

do they even make a single unit with 200 drawers?
Why not get a bunch of smaller ones? I have about 8 different sets in my workshop.

Are the resistors already sorted? My college would end up with a huge box of mixed resistors at the end of every semester. Students wouldn't be bothered to put them back in the right spot. Can't imagine how long it'd take to sort 40lbs of resistors.

they are sorted for the most part. there is close to 200 manilla envelopes with hundreds of resistors in each.

There are 24 standard values per decade. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2...........9.1
I found drawers with 12 per row. With two cabinets I get one decade/row.
Many cabinets have 10/row and it does not work out well. or 8/row. I think 6/row will work.

2 cabinets for standard through hole resistors.
2 cabinets for standard through hole capacitors.
1 for small inductors and one for medium inductors.
4 cabinets for 1% resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back