Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LASER sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit_king7

i want to detect a red colored LASER beam at a distance of maximum 300metres in day light and even in dark conditions.

which type of device should be used to detect that LASER beam so that a relay can be operated.

the relay i am using is Solid State Relay(SSR).

please reply soon.

Red is about 655 nm wavelength. So you will need to find a detector that can sense light in that range. Then most likely you will need to have a circuit with an op-amp to amplify the signal and the output from the op-amp will be your relay activation signal. 300 meter is a really long way. Are you doing this on an open field? The best thing to do is use a 1000 feet long fiber. Just give me a little more info and I might be able to help you out.

What's the source of the laser light?

Last edited:
Red is about 655 nm wavelength. So you will need to find a detector that can sense light in that range. Then most likely you will need to have a circuit with an op-amp to amplify the signal and the output from the op-amp will be your relay activation signal. 300 meter is a really long way. Are you doing this on an open field? The best thing to do is use a 1000 feet long fiber. Just give me a little more info and I might be able to help you out.

What's the source of the laser light?

thanx sir for ur reply.

the source of laser is a device having rotational motion..so the laser beem is throwed in all directions..

i cant use fibres..

kindly give my ur e-mail id so that i can provide u more details along with diagrams.

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back