Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LASER Voice Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I am not expert,
But i use my tiny brain for making some thing.
Will this work???
OR
There is any mistake in it???
Some improvement???

And second,
I make this circuit in "ExpressSCH" now i want to make it's PCB in "ExpressPCB" but i don't know how can i open this circuit in "ExpressPCB"...
Plz guide in..

Attachments

• File 04medgif.GIF
    File 04medgif.GIF
    51.7 KB · Views: 253
The high current from the 555 will probably destroy the laser and the 555 without a current-limiting resistor.
Your photo-transistor is an emitter-follower without any gain. Use a collector resistor and ground the emitter to get some gain out of it.

Last edited:
With some improvements

Thanks to "audioguru"

I made some changes, plz check it and guide me for more improvement.
And plz tell me the easiest way of making it's PCB from it's Schamatic???

Attachments

• File 04improved.GIF
    File 04improved.GIF
    33.7 KB · Views: 321
Ayne said:
I made some changes
That's better, but you should add a resistor in series with VR1 to limit the laser's max current.

I notice that the laser is frequency modulated (FM) but your receiver doesn't have an FM demodulator so its output will be zero.

Laser is Pulse width modulator
and in the receiver side "Butterworth Low Pass Filter" is a demodulator.

To be pickey it's pulse position modulation and you can't easilly frequency modulate a laser. Only pulse frequency modulation is easilly possible. Frequency modulation requires a special type of laser and reciever and is at the cutting of technology at the moment.

Sorry, I stand corrected. It does use pulse-position-modulation and its average level will be audio after the carrier is filtered out.
It will pickup AM interference like AC lamp buzz.

A laser or anything else that can pulse can have its carrier frequency modulated with FM. It is difficult to modulate the colour of a laser with direct FM modulation.

I check this circuit in Circuit Maker and it is working,
But the problem is it's PCB.
I want to convert Circuit diagram to PCB but i don't know how.

audioguru said:
It will pickup AM interference like AC lamp buzz.
That can be minimised by filtering, a 50/60Hz filter might help but then you'll still have the harmonics. A comparator with some hysteresis might help but that will effect the sensitivity of the circuit. The best way to remove the interference is to use a higher frequency like 38/44kHz and a TV remote control IC for the reciever.

Ayne said:
I check this circuit in Circuit Maker and it is working,
But the problem is it's PCB.
I want to convert Circuit diagram to PCB but i don't know how.

You sit down and design it! - although I would suggest you breadboard it first, rather than waste the time and effort making a PCB.

Hero999 said:
The best way to remove the interference is to use a higher frequency like 38/44kHz and a TV remote control IC for the reciever.
TV remote receivers have a data stream, I don't think audio can be used.

Infrared language translation and wireless headphones and wireless speakers use FM.

Output Wave forms

Below are the wave forms in circuit maker,
Now i am making it's PCB in PCB123.

Attachments

• Waveformgif.GIF
    Waveformgif.GIF
    46.1 KB · Views: 136
Another Problem,
PhotoTransistors are not available in our local market.
Only the PhotoResistors(LDRs) are available.
I want to replace PhotoTransistors with PhotoResistors... Plz guide me in this way
Thanks

One other thing, it could probably use some additionalcapacitors for the power supply. To stop oscillations and help with power regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back