Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Backlight Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoke

Is there a preference to the color of the LCD display module? I want to pick up and first time practice some coding on a display - 16x2 LCD. Maybe one percent of the displays advertised are without backlight. The rest are either blue, green, or yellow with back lights. Right now i would be using the display in a room with standard incandescent lighting. Hope this does not sound like a silly question. I have one brand name Lipo battery charger, with a monochrome, no back light display. It is very inconvenient to setup and display, since it has no back light. If I am staring at this new 16x2 display. as I get it to work, is there a color that is more agreeable to use when experimenting?

Bill M

Is there a preference to the color of the LCD display module? I want to pick up and first time practice some coding on a display - 16x2 LCD. Maybe one percent of the displays advertised are without backlight. The rest are either blue, green, or yellow with back lights. Right now i would be using the display in a room with standard incandescent lighting. Hope this does not sound like a silly question. I have one brand name Lipo battery charger, with a monochrome, no back light display. It is very inconvenient to setup and display, since it has no back light. If I am staring at this new 16x2 display. as I get it to work, is there a color that is more agreeable to use when experimenting?

Bill M

The yellow-green are the most common and the cheapest. Because they are the most common, they seem the least interesting.:D

There is no idea color, it is your personal preference. Myself, I like the white on blue.:)

Personally I prefer the blue displays myself the constrast is much higher than the others.

Different color LEDs require different voltages. 3v systems may not be able to drive a white or blue LED. 5v system should be able to drive any color.

Or better yet, don't put any filter in and use an RGB LED =) Prettttttttttttty Yer already using a bunch of pins for the LCD interface, what's three more for disco lighting =)

Last edited:
Or better yet, don't put any filter in and use an RGB LED =) Prettttttttttttty Yer already using a bunch of pins for the LCD interface, what's three more for disco lighting =)

That's a cool idea. You could have colour coded menu systems, or bright red "alert" messages that you could see from across a room.

You remove it and replace it with the new one... Look for it, it's there =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back