LCD for 2 proyects

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony123

Happy New Year to everybody here. I have a problem: I wanna use one single LCD (16*1) for 2 diferent proyects (frecuency meter and LCmeter). I will use one and later the other. In other words, i will not use the both circuits at the same time, one first and the other later

hi,
How are you driving the LCD.? PIC etc?
If you are writing your MCU programs, you could program the MCU to be either a Fmeter or LCmeter..

It would be useful if you could post a simple block diagram on how the two meters and the LCD are required to be connected..

I'm drivind the LCD with a pic,but dont do the code
Here are the schematics of both meter

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Is this right?
On the web you have found 2 meters that you want to build.
You only have 1 LCD display you would like the circuits to share it.
You do not know how to program in any language.

Why not just buy another one. It's not like they're expensive.

Mike.

3v0 said:
Take a look at the mondo superprobe.

It uses a 7 seg LED display and has 17 functions including freq and cap meter.

I'll ask the fellow at Mondo if he minds me making the superprobe a kit.

I'd really like to bring it up to date first. And add the debug port, 16F886 or 18Fxxxx ?

The super probe could use a LCD display.

The unit is designed to have as many functions possible using as few parts as possible. It works surprisingly well. A little TLC and a handful of parts might result in an improved tool. The voltmeter function is limited to +5. A nice autorange voltmeter without that limitation would be nice.

Last edited:
Talking about schematics, witch one it's better??

Attachments

• weedfreq.gif
    84.4 KB · Views: 404
  • freq.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 313
Ones a frequency counter the other is an LC meter. Which one do you want to build?

You can buy a Meter with a frequency counter & LC Meter for about $50US

You're terrible wrong!!! The both schematics are freq meter!!! i'm asking witch one it's the better
You can buy a Meter with a frequency counter & LC Meter for about $50US
PD: where ?????

**broken link removed**

If you look through their product line you'll find one with the works. I don't recall the model number but the manual range one is $49 CDn on College st in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…