Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD monitors what can I do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Over the past few years I have gathered a few now unused LCD. monitors.I've ended up with these as modern LCD. TVs allow for PC. connection. Rather than throw them away I was wondering if they can be used for anything else.

Are there any useful parts inside I can rob out or can they be made/hacked in to something interesting?

Did a google and mostly found and LCD. projector hack, don't think that's worth the effort!!.

Any thoughts?

Well you could hook up a few to your computer as one giant screen :D That might require the purchase of more video cards though...
102-6a00e5510582dd883401156f24ad85970c-800wi

Of course there are many components that you could desolder and reuse in other projects too.

Last edited:
The backlight drivers are probably worth scavenging, sometimes they're separate circuits from the main board and easily removable. Basically any discretes large enough to safely desolder would probably be agood idea to grab.

The older the TV's are the better as they'll use more discrete's. The more modern a device is the fewer discrete components it uses and the more IC's it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back