Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD_selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhanus

Hello,

I'm looking for new 16x2 LCD since I gave my 'old' one to a friend, it looks like that 44780 has reached EOL.

Is SPCL780 controller 100% compatible with 44780? and
is PCF2119 controller compatible with 44780 initialization and commands, second one looks interesting because it can communicate trough i2c.
Thanks

That 44780 controller has become the "standard" for 1 - 4 line LCD text displays, and there are lots of displays 100% compatible with the format.

I'm more interested in PCF2119, but there must be a reason why it's not so popular, I don't see a reason why.

The 44780 was an Hitachi design, I don't think I've ever actually seen one? - the vast majority of LCD's use chips which are 100% compatible with it.

Don't worry about it, it would be crazy to make a display that wasn't compatible, and I've never seen one in recent years that wasn't.

The 44780 was an Hitachi design, I don't think I've ever actually seen one? - the vast majority of LCD's use chips which are 100% compatible with it.

Don't worry about it, it would be crazy to make a display that wasn't compatible, and I've never seen one in recent years that wasn't.

Your are absolutely correct, I just checked friends lcd and it's not 44780, it's KS0070, although I was certain it was 44780.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back