Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectacular Butter said:
Hi i just want to use PIC to accept 4 parallel inputs and output an 8 bit data serially based on the switches pressed.

Which PIC should i use?

Any PIC would do, if you require small size an 8 pin one would easily do the job - or any of the standard 18 pin ones, like the 16F628.

My tutorials contain all the code you need to perform this task.

16F84 is also a good choice for a starter. Here is a good link for a startup......... **broken link removed**

marxmax said:
16F84 is also a good choice for a starter. Here is a good link for a startup......... **broken link removed**

16F84 is a BAD choice, it's been obselete for years - the 16F628 is it's replacement - better spec and cheaper. If you have a bucket full of 16F84's sat around doing nothing?, fair enough - but you shouldn't be thinking of buying one!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back