LED Digital Watch without MicroController

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvvijay007

I've used a single 4060 with a 32.768khz crystal oscillator. Stepped down to 2Hz which was then given to a D flip flop to step down to 1hz. I'm using 4073 (3 input AND gates) to solve the problem of resetting the 4026s of the 10s minutes and the 10s seconds at 6. BUT... the problem is the output from the 4026 pins is 1.73V and minimum voltage required by the 4073 to detect a signal as high is 4.5V What should i do now?? leave all this and program a 8051 instead??

Well you might try using a less ancient device - 8051's are antiques.

An LED display isn't suitable for a watch because it uses too much power, you need an LCD for a watch.

How long did they last for?

Surely you had to press a button to see the time, there's no way they display could've run continuously, especially given the old battery technology.

I've just watched the watch episode of the secret life of machines and yes, you're right.

It was very interesting, although I think it could've given a brief explanation of polarising filters and digital counters, although I know there's a limit to how much information they can cram in to one episode - you'd need a whole series to fully teach laypeople how a digital watch works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…