Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED driver identification

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
led_driver.png

This is on a PIR LED lamp.
I've had a couple of LEDs fail, and I've put other ones in their place, but I would like to cut down the current a bit.

There are two strings of LEDs, each of 14 LED assemblies, and each assembly is 5 or 6 LEDs in series. Each string runs from 230 V ac mains via a rectifier, smoothing capacitor and the IC in the picture. There is a smoothing capacitors and one of the ICs for each string.

I was hoping that there would be a current control resistor that I could increase to cut the current down, but I don't understand why there are two resistors for each IC.

I tried and failed to find the data sheet for the IC, and I didn't recognise the manufacturer's logo.

Has anyone got any idea on how to find the datasheet?

Latest threads

Back