led flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lippyjohn

ive read the post on candle flikering and am tryin a different approach but im stumped should i use npn pnp im driving myself nut here and wondering where i should take this

Attachments

• circuit_181.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,129
lippyjohn said:
ive read the post on candle flikering and am tryin a different approach but im stumped should i use npn pnp im driving myself nut here and wondering where i should take this
I have no idea what you are looking for. How about taking it to the circular file? You haven't provided nearly enough information.

I assume he wants a flickering LED. In that case, search for an astable multivibrator. There are many 555 timer circuits that can do the trick.

Flickering has a random pattern with varying brightness. An astable oscillator will have a steady blinking. My dog could see the difference. One bark for flickering and two barks for blinking. I have blinking LEDs all over the place. No wonder my dog goes, "Bark bark. Bark bark" all the time.

I can't remember what created the random effect in the other post that I can't find.

I'll have to try that circuit. I think 1MHz is too high, I'll try a lower frequency. My neighbours would probably get 1MHz interference on their AM radio.

Maybe it won't make much difference to lower the frequency. They get interference from harmonics of all my Cmos oscillators.

I wonder how difficult it is to keep the two oscillators from syncing with each other?

Speaking of interference, how do you like this FM transmitter.
The poor radio station at 96.3MHz (the 9th harmonic of 10.7MHz) if thousands of hobbiests made the thing!

Attachments

• digital_fm_transmitter.gif
    6 KB · Views: 536
Someone Electro said:
Ok im not some radio expert but that has to be one of the strangest radio transiters ive ever sean! :shock:

Not really, N1 and N2 are biased to linear operation by the feedback resistors, and N2 is connected as an oscillator using the resonator as the tuned element. The FM modulation is done by the varactor diode altering the tuning of the resonator.

The next stage is a simple digital buffer (10.7MHz squarewave), and the last three paralleled together form a power output stage (as much as three CMOS gates can be called a power stage).

The 'nasty' thing about it the fact that it's got a squarewave output, so it will radiate strong harmonics everywhere! - luckily at not too much power!.

Someone Electro said:
Ok im not some radio expert but that has to be one of the strangest radio transiters ive ever sean! :shock:
Nope , i have seen a still stranger radio Tx with only ONE TTL gate , if i gets it i'll post it ..

That's what is fun about electronics. Weird and strange circuits are invented and at 1st glance at them we laugh, then we find out that they work. Then we analyse them to see how they work. :lol:

audioguru said:
That's what is fun about electronics. Weird and strange circuits are invented and at 1st glance at them we laugh, then we find out that they work. Then we analyse them to see how they work. :lol:
i said that it is a Tx, but it is not a RF becon .. if i remember correctly it is a low range audio bug!!! (for spying) .i think i have the ckt saved in by backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…