LED Lightbar help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace001

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or knows where to get this particular type/size of LED Lightbar. (see the link, i hope it works i'm new to linking pages!)

I've been searching for this size LED lightbar for nearly a year and have had no luck.

**broken link removed**

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Ace.

wow, thats kinda big, 13mm

I had thought - what about taking two 3 or 5 mm rectangular leds, and melting them together, but 13mm, sheesh

maybe two 10mm leds, you could grind down and melt together?

other than that, could send an email to Craig at the LED Museum

http://www.ledmuseum.org/

these guys have a lot of odd shaped leds:

http://www.ledtronics.com/

Yeah the height seems to be the main problem. I have found some that are close in my search but none as tall as this one.
I have tried to make one by combining a couple of smaller lightbars but nothing seems to look right as yet!

From my research i've been told these were widely avaliable and still being made as of 2004. But of all the companies i've contacted not one has said they used to make them.

I'm hoping someone still has the odd box of them lying around somewhere!! maybe in a surplus store or something.

Thanks for the links justDIY, i'll try the LED museum.

Ace.

Mouser has a huge variety of LEDs, but you'll either need to download the catalog or let them send you a paper copy. Their search engine is useless.

I've tried the LED museum but no luck. And after a long search at Mouser Electronics i havent been able to find anything yet so i've e-mailed them the picture.

Thanks for the Mouser link Oznog. I've emailed alot of companies but must have missed that one!.

From my research the only place that used to supply them was a company called Cal Pak in California but they have been out of business for 5 years now.

Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…