Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Message Board - Remote programming using cellular/ mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee001

I would like to know whether it is possible to modify a (commercially bought) LED message Board to receive data sent as SMS text from a mobile phone.

I am made to believe such units exist ready-made but have not been able to make contact with suppliers who claim to sell them. It is claimed that these units take a sim card like mobile phones and will therefore accept text sent as SMS.

I would like the unit to be self-contained (without having to rely on a PC constantly on).

Any ideas? I have very limited electronics knowledge so please keep the discussion very simple. For instance can I buy an added piece of circuitry to connect to the board? Thanks in anticipation.

do you have a link to the board you want to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back