Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED o-scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

hguvfd

hi my friends ......

my college ask me to do a project in LED o-scope , but I do not have the circuit diagram or any ditails about this project !!!!!!!!!!!!

So can some body help me and bring to me this project and all it's ditails ?????

thank you very much

You'll have to ask the instructor of your class for the specifics, I think I skip class that day as well... :) Might try searching the web. I remember in my school days (late 70s -early 80s), Radio-Electronics magazine had an LED O-scope project, seemed good enough to show basic wave forms, not measurements though. Should be something similar and simpler these days.

Aren't you supposed to design the circuit yourself?
Or are you just learning how to solder? In college?

Tah Dah

Aren't you supposed to design the circuit yourself?
Or are you just learning how to solder? In college?

See.. this is a perfect example of what I was talking about in a posting of a few weeks ago regarding these so-called university projects.
Google LED Oscilliscope, and quite a few projects come up...why the hell cant this guy do this ???!!!!??...especially a guy in College.
I Handed my 6 year old my laptop, and said to him, can you find a LED Oscilliscope.
20 seconds later he found:
LED Oscilloscope by LM3914,4017 | Circuit Project Electronic
which is about the simplest led oscilliscope schematic around, very much like the Popular Electronics project from many years ago, from what I remember.

But back to my original premise...my 6 year old cant even spell oscilliscope..and he found this on Google.
From now on...any project that is requested, that I know can easily be found on Google, I will give to my 6 year old, and post his finds, and how long he took.

Last edited:
Google corrects the spelling for little kids who can't spell.
Why is the little kid in college and learning how to solder?

I learned how to solder long before I went to University.
In University I taught my professors how to design circuits.:D

Hey! I built one of those in high school. Soldered all 100 led's by hand.
Wasn't it Forrest Mims who designed it?

Audioguru why is that happening? recently i was attended computer science seminars so i can get a certificate i needed and guess what!!!! i was teaching my professor about computers and technology and not the opposite...

another world wide phenomenon which looks like it's old! :D

I'm a degreed electrical engineer. Most of my college classmates wouldn't have known how to solder. Or anything about basic electronics even. Even in electrical engineering, most of what people do these days is software. We had two classes where you did practical applications with the Motorola 6812 and a single power electronics course, all of which were upper division electives. I took both 6812 classes; had I not, I never would have learned anything about stepper motors, bus standards, or even voltage regulators. It's kind of sad when you think how many hoops you had to jump through and how little practical knowledge you got. And I went to a top 10 engineering school in the US.

Yup, this was one of Forest J. Mims circuits from his column in Popular Electronics. When I was in High School, I considered him a god, (man...I was a GEEK!) and tried to build all of his projects. I did build this one, as well as all the different versions, and all of its updates.
I still have all of his Radio Shack project books as well.
There is a equivalent guy who does really fun, easy projects for Elector and EE magazine s in Europe...who reminds me a lot of Mr.Mims. His name is Reverend something...Im sorry I cant remember his name. He has the coolest projects...like gathering electricity form garden shrubs to power low-voltage garden lights, and using plants as proximity sensors...just to name a fiew. The latest edition of EE has a collection of his most popular designs.

Google corrects the spelling for little kids who can't spell.
Why is the little kid in college and learning how to solder?

I learned how to solder long before I went to University.
Yes, I remember giving up arguing with a lecturer why an LM7805 won't work of a 6VAC power supply.:D

Had a few of these arguments myself. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't engineer, design packaging.

I will describe my O-scope without handing over the schematic. My project used a 160-LED matrix, 16 horizontal by 10 vertical. Two ganged 4017's strobe the column, and a bar-graph driver in dot mode performs the A/D. So far, very typical.
I also scaled the strobe to several ranges, each trimmable, stepped 2-5-10, and selected with a rotary switch.
The best part is a trigger circuit using a comparitor and potentiometer. I learned that the comparator has to have a very fast output. It was a CA30-something.
I had to use a real scope to get it going of course. It was able to track signals to about 12 KHz. It has been stored carefully for more than twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back