Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led "on" and "off" with delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

telegiovi

dears, I would like to have a simple circuit, powered with 2 AA batteries, which enables me to order a red led to be enlightened after some hours. And after
30 minutes to go "off". Unfortunately my knowledge in electronics is poor but I know that this is possible to do with a PIC.
Perhaps someone can let me know what kind of PIC to use and where to connect the led and the batteries. Thank you

How accurate does the timing have to be?
Is this a repetitive cycle?
What will start the timing?
Do the times have to be adjustable? If so, how will that be done?

dear alec_t, first of all, thank you for your answer. The timig should be as accurate as a normal clock is. The cycle ends after the led is shut "off".
The timing starts when the electrical power is applied, by hand or by means of an external timer. It is not necessary to adjust times, once set.
It would be of great value (for me) if it could be possible to add to the circuit two more leds to be shut "on" and "off" at different times.

This is all very basic and easy to do with a PIC, although if you're wanting similar accuracy to a clock you're going to need a crystal, either for the main processor clock, or (preferably) a 32KHz crystal running on an internal timer.

thank you Nigel. If the accuracy requires complicating the circuit, I can do without such an accuracy.
Could you please let me know which PIC should be used? This would be the first step, I hope.

thank you Nigel. If the accuracy requires complicating the circuit, I can do without such an accuracy.
Could you please let me know which PIC should be used? This would be the first step, I hope.

Pretty well any PIC would do, my tutorials were based on the 16F628 14 bit series, which is a good series to start with.

thank you Nigel. Perhaps I can use the PIC tutorial Main board for my purpose. But I did not find where I can buy it.
Is it possible to program the board from my PC (linux Ubuntu)?

thank you Nigel. Perhaps I can use the PIC tutorial Main board for my purpose. But I did not find where I can buy it.

It's simply veroboard (stripboard), and is freely availabe, you make the design by cutting the strips.

Is it possible to program the board from my PC (linux Ubuntu)?

Yes, as already mentioned with MPLAB X, but you also need a USB programmer such as the PICKIT 2.

Thank you Jon and thank you Nigel.
It's simply veroboard (stripboard), and is freely availabe, you make the design by cutting the strips
Unfortunately I do not really understand what you mean. Where is this board "freely" available? How do I cut strips and "make the design"

You need this stuff dear
**broken link removed**

Cut with a slightly larger drill or with sharp knife or even the correct tool, which is this one Dear
**broken link removed**

regards
LG (I'm cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back