Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaz

wow sorry to be askign so many noob questions, but now its about LED's. ok here is what i come up with as far as choosing a resist to use for a red LED. 9v batt, 1.7 voltage drop and 20 milliamps = 365 ohm resist. now a friend of mine said he uses 4 LED's, 1 9V batt, and 4 1 ohm resistors(blue,blk, brwn, blk, gold) in parallel and has never burnt up a LED and the batt lasts for about 72 hrs. the LED colors are red, white, and 2 L-95's. i told him according to what i come up with he should be using less resistance. but does it really matter when dealing with such low voltage?

Last edited:
Why don't you use a simple Joule Thief circuit that gives you endless hours of operation? Most of the circuits on net will be for 1.5V-3V I think. Design a Joule Thief for 9V supply and lit your LED's continuously for months.
cheers.

hmm i had never heard of this but it seems interesting. i wonder if this has application use for other 9v stuff i use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back