Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Sequencer counter with push button - need expert review

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanltod

I've reviewed as many posts and circuits as I could find in the forum about LED sequencing. I need a circuit that will sequence through 42 LED's a pair at a time with a push button using 21 channels. I used the much referenced Bowden matrix sequence circuit with two 4017 IC's. My circuit adds a second LED at each output so the LED's will light in pairs. I've replaced the 555 timer from many of the examples with a debounced push button circuit and have added a manual reset and an on/off switch. I'm not very experienced with electronics design so I would like help reviewing my circuit for accuracy. Specifically, I am unsure how to calc my new resistor values to ensure I have the right current to light both LED's. I am planning to use a 9V transformer as my power supply. Also, please advise on the pushbutton and reset circuits. I welcome any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 439
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back