LED solderless connectors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can buy a push in solderless LED connector, the type with a connector to push the LED into and 2 trailing wires? I have found only one type which is on eBay......and expensive as I need to buy 100 in a hurry!

I use them a lot in Chandelier production but import the parts and have found myself short! Any suggestions would be great and can supply a picture if I am not making any sense!

Cheers
Malc

Last edited:
Hi spondootre,

there are 10mm LEDs to buy in Thailand. They have a T-10 socket as they are used for e.g. parking lights in cars.

They are fitted into a plastic part "simulating" the socket with the leads bent to opposite sides.

I purchased a few of them and ripped them apart since I don't need the built in current limiting resistor (for 12V automotive application).

My camera wasn't used for quite a while and now the batteries are depleted. As soon as they are charged I'll make a photo of them.

In the meanwhile you might take a look at a normal light bulb with a T-10 socket.

I'll check with my electronic shop if they can deliver 100 pieces within short time.

Boncuk

Attachments

• T-10-socket.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I have seen some two pin molex type connectors with wires used on LEDs. One problem would be the leads of the LED can corrode fast. Andy

These are the ones I use at the moment, I import them along with lots of other bits via container from China, but they don't seem to be readily available here......

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

It's Christmas time again, and LED light strings will be on sale cheap soon, and some cheap sockets to be had. Maybe not what you had in mind, but cheap, plentiful, and available most anywhere.

have been using some 2pin connectors for quite sometime to make my own light strings. They are MTA100 connectors by TYCO. The ones I use are Digikey P/N A30833-ND. They are idc connectors so it takes a special tool to press the wire into the contacts, but they hold T1 and T1 3/4 LED's real snug. They do come with IDC contacts for other sizes wire.

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys, I'll look into those leads, I am a bit desperate to find something for tomorrow and I'm not sure I'll get anything in that kind of timescale, a last minute chandelier order has meant a big rush on......

Last resort i will just solder the connections but it is not ideal !!

I need a better idea of the final led/socket/holder product. Digi-Key has some choices for 0.025" square pins. Molex and AMP figure prominantly. Gold flash contacts will hold up a lot better for you.

The manual AMP crimper will set you back $50-$60 bucks. It's well worth it though. The crimper gives you a die for the wire which folds the wire over and a die for the wire that is round. there are multiple sizes on the tool.

One such connector, I have one home, is black and has ears for mounting the connector.

You didn't enter your location into your profile so it's difficult to tell you where to buy something. If you are in the US Jameco carries Conxrite LED sockets. Go to
www.jameco.com and search for Conxrite.

Sorry, didn't notice I wasn't showing location, I'm in the UK.

I am still struggling to get anything here in the Uk so I think it may be soldering for this Chandelier. I can get my supplier to post me some from China but not quickly enough and I have some on the sea at the moment due to arrive mid December......

My own daft fault for taking on a last minute job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…