LED strobe with music?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambOfGod

Hey, I want to make a strobe that cant beat to music. As in, you plug a speaker cable into and it will flash with the more powerful pulses. I assume the strobe would require its own power suply, not runnig off the speaker power...

So how can I make this, I want it realy bright. I may use 16-72 LED's or upto 2 Luxeon LED stars, if they are brighter than 72 LED's... I don't know anything about the stars ie, voltage & current.

The main thing is the flashing with sound, although, I've never completed a flasher of more than 1 LED. I realy don't know what I'm doing here.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Google for color organ.
Here is a design that you could adapt to drive your LEDs. All you need to add is current limiting resistors when you replace the lamps with LEDs:
**broken link removed**

Hi Lamb,

You may input the speaker terminals to a BC548 transistor and connect your LED's on the collector with a current limiting resistor. Try with a 12v supply for connecting more LED's. You need just an LED driver for music inputs.

Which audio amplifier IC you are using in your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…