Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Timer circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiucimon

New electronic hobbiest looking for what I thought would be a simple and small circuit. I want a simple timer, that when I press a button will turn on one LED after 90 seconds, another at 2 minutes, and a third at 2.5. I need it as small as possible, and was thinking that an SCR and capacitor combo could do the timing, but I just don't have the background to figure it out on my own yet. Any advice or takers on a simple timer?

Have a look in the data scheed of the 4060

its a timer IC that gives different timed pulses on its out put when trigered

there are also a lot of circuits around on internet that make use of this IC

Robert-Jan

Hi:
You'll find it at Radio Shack's "engineer's mini-handbook", cat. no. 276-5010, there is that and more.(sound like a commercial don't I?)

I wouldn't say that. If I had read real electronics books rather than those my electronics knowledge would have advanced further at a much younger age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back