LED voltage indikator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello

I am making me a power supply from a transformer. But I also want to make some kinda indikator to show what voltage I am at. Can anyone give me a hint of how to do this? I could maybe find out some way, but there is probably a better, smoother and more reliable way.

Like a line LED's and more turn on the higher voltage.

thanks

If you want to build your own, look up an LM3912, etc. Otherwise, I would buy a **broken link removed**

. . . I would buy a **broken link removed**
They describe this meter as, "3.5 DIGIT LED PANEL METER, 20V " ... then under FEATURES : 5 Vdc operation and under SPECIFICATIONS: Maximum Input: 199.9mV DC (.1999 VDC) ... Supply Voltage: 5Vdc

QUESTION: Will this be OK to read 0 to 20 vdc from a 20A. power supply? Do you wire it in just like a multimeter?

Thanks for the reply; I appreciate your patience.

You add a voltage divider with two resistors to the input of the LED panel meter to allow it to show 20V. The max current of the voltage source it is reading has nothing to do with the meter if you make it as a volt meter.

Many of these panel meters cannot read the voltage of their own power supply.

The link in my previous post pointed to a meter than can read the same supply it is powered from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…