Let's build Manoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sci-3d

Let me discuss this issue. I would to build Manoi (Humanoid Robot). I found the schematics from https://www.botmag.com

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Any suggestion or idea.

Last edited:
I guess you should start with a machine shop. You can use a manual mill and a manual lathe to make injection molding tools. Wtih injection molding tools you can crank out the plastic parts in large quantities. The price of having someone else make the injection molding tools will literally knock your socks off.

jasbertfalutine said:
you should use a powerful microcontroller like the 16 bit MCU or use a microprocessor for the functions of the robot
Vast projects should never be approached with half vast measures. I think a 32 bit ARM 7 would be a good starting point.

@sci-3d ... you find us a source for the plastic parts and proprietary sized motors and gears, and then we'll help with the control electronics

justDIY said:
@sci-3d ... you find us a source for the plastic parts and proprietary sized motors and gears, and then we'll help with the control electronics
Gee. I thought the idea was to make all that stuff in the picture. Do you think we can buy that stuff? If so, I guess it's not as vast as I thought.

If it's a kit then what's the challenge? This vast project seems to be rapidly shrinking in complexity and scope: possibly a good thing.

I think the cost is servos motors. As I see at least 12 servos are required.

If the cheap one is $20, the total is $240.

And how I can build 12 servos or more control board?

sci-3d said:
I think the cost is servos motors. As I see at least 12 servos are required.

If the cheap one is $20, the total is $240.

And how I can build 12 servos or more control board?

Check the website about it - they aren't just servos, they are specially designed units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…